Friday, April 7, 2023

Reading World Eaters, Intro.

 The first thing I got to when getting ready for collecting World Eaters (WE from now on) was reading. I mean, I like to get deep into a faction's lore before taking the plunge on it and, when I started thinking about them, I realized I actually knew but a few things regarding the WE. Out of the generic references in generic 40K lore, I had never gotten beyond some hints by some people that there were things to know past the onedimensional killing frenzy the fellas are (in)famous for.

So I did some Google-Fu and thanks to a bit of Reddit triangulating I came up with a list including not all but a good many reads on WE. This is my list, the reading order is chronological (regarding the lore timeline):

  1. Ghost of Nuceria.
  2. After Desh'ea.
  3. Angron: Slave of Nuceria.
  4. Lord of the Red Sands.
  5. Butcher's Nails.
  6. Heart of the Conqueror.
  7. Betrayer.
  8. A Rose Watered with Blood.
  9. Khârn: the Eightfold Path.
  10. Khârn: Eater of Worlds.
  11. Angron: the Red Angel.
SPECIAL: The First Heretic. Should be read after Lord of the Red Sands, and right BEFORE Butcher's Nails. It's all about Lorgar and his Word Bearers, but it is mandatory as Lorgar features prominently in Betrayer and we get to know Argel Tal and in general all the conundrums regarding the Word Bearers' turn to chaos (they were the first and foremost!).

I'll comment on them...

No comments:

Post a Comment