Thursday, April 6, 2023

First things first.

 This should be a start. I mean, not just a "this is a restart but not really because then I'll get lazy and it will be forgotten again" but a real start. Fuck it, THIS IS A START.

For starters, I just erased former entries to begin anew, and I'll make a little recap:

I first dabbled into 40K almost 30 years ago; although I first knew of it when it still was Rogue Trader, having got my first foray into Blood Bowl in 1991. Fast forward to early 1994, when while recovering from surgery, I laid my hands on a brand new 2nd edition warhammer 40K starter box; I fondly remember the gretchins, Goff orks and Blood Angels space marines, the cardboard cutouts and the three books. I sold everything a few years later, but I was already badly hooked on it. And so it was that I soon collected an army again, and never really failed to keep in touch with Warhammer (moreover, I also branched into Fantasy).

But this was too the times we moved away the most, and for a good many years I did not actively play the game but for a few friendly matches, even after we settled down. Those few games I got to play turned scarce since the advent of the 5th edition, and I just collected miniatures and followed the lore, keeping to the sidelines while mentally toying with fluff regarding the slowly growing armies. By 2015 the advent of Age of Sigmar got me actively collecting again, and when 40K was "rebooted" with 8th edition, I jumped on the bandwagon without a second thought.

I don't regret it, of course. The last few years have, for long-time fans, been awesome. Not only have we seen the release of Adeptus Mechanicus and Custodes armies but even the Squats have done a glorious comeback! Sorry, of course, I meant the Leagues of Votann - the renaming and faction building are splendid. The last ones to make a comeback are the World Eaters, and that's why I thought I finally could really restart this blog. Yes, I know the Eaters were always there in the Chaos Space Marines codex. And I remember the Berzerker miniatures (and actually have quite a few); honestly, they were not that great and felt a bit underwhelming (just my opinion). But we already had Death Guard and Thousand Sons codices, and Khorne was lacking its own.

In the meanwhile, I had collected a full army of Khorne, and I mean both an army of mortals and another of daemons, for AoS. Hey, I even primed them! When the Eaters were announced, I knew I would fall for them sooner than later, and it's been so. Angron sits on my desk alongside a couple of Maulerfiends and some cans of red primer spray while I write this entry, and some zerks and Jakhals are next in the production line, then a Lord of Skulls and...

What a great time I'm having.

No comments:

Post a Comment